Saturday, June 6, 2015

October 20, 2014 - Changes O.O

We got changes last night. And.......... I am staying here for at least one more change!! WHOOO!!! I am also District Leader now.. Yeah, so that is going to be a whole new adventure. But I get a cell phone now, which will make things a lot easier and more convenient! :)  And I am staying with Elder Larsen so I get to finish training him :) He is way cool, and improving so much! So I am way excited for this change!

We also baptized Anabel this weekend, which was way good! It was such an amazing experience. She was definitely prepared by the Lord to be baptized and to be taught. And now her mom has been reading the Book of Mormon, so now we just have to get her to come to church, and then she can take the step to be baptized too! 

We are continuing to work with the Family Jimenez and they are awesome and I love them! They gave us blankets this week that are suuuuuuuuuper comfy. SO soft, but SO warm and cozy haha. And they are always super excited to listen and to learn. We almost always eat something small with them, but they are always like, "eat fast so you can teach us!" haha it is amazing. 

I am not sure what else happened this week..  To answer a few questions, Yes, I do dream in spanish, not always, but a good portion of the time, although not as much now because I still talk english with elder Larsen, but when I am always talking in spanish, I almost always dream in spanish. 

I have a new favorite food! Or drink actually. It is called Colada Morada. It is like a fruit drink or something, that is super popular here. I am not quite sure how to describe it, but it is a drink that they only make here during this time of year for the day of the dead. And they eat it with bread in the shape of dolls with a little bit of frosting which they call guaguas de pan (kids of bread) guagua is kids in kichwa. And that drink is SO good! 

2 Samuel 22:2-4 is my thought for the week. I found out about this scripture from the mission president´s wife, and it is a powerful scripture. So amazing. We can do all things because of Christ. I know that He lives and that He loves every one of us so much better than we could ever hope to understand! 

I love you all and thank you for all of your prayers. Remember who you are!

Love,

Elder Dallin Parker

1. with Anabel just before the baptism!!
2. With the Family Jimenez
3. All of the missionaries in our ward (before changes)
4. Missionaries with bishop and a few members. (bishop is the dark one)
5. Cool pic just outside the chapel
6., Family Jimenez
7. With the Family Cortes where we eat on sundays and where we wash our clothes.
8. With Anabel just after being baptized








No comments:

Post a Comment