Tuesday, October 7, 2014

September 8, 2014 - 4 Months!

Well, first of all, we had changes today. We actually found out last night at like 11. And my companion left to Quito as a lider of district.  And I do not have  a companion yet, so I am with the Liders of zone until thursday. I just finished being trained an now I am going to be training a new missionary. So I will get my companion on thursday morning. Crazy.

It was a good week, but I was sick, so we couldn't do much. I couldn't sleep Tuesday night because I just hurt, all of my body. So we couldn't leave on wednesday, and only left to go to our fixed citas. The same with thursday and friday because I just did not feel good. then saturday we went and worked like normal, but sunday I felt not good, but we still went and worked. And I am feeling better today. I think also that I have been a little bit dehydrated. And that is no fun.
My knee is doing a lot better now. And my arm is almost healed too haha. After 3 1/2 months. Umm, I don't really have much else to say right now. We weren't able to do a lot this week. The work is going pretty much the same, which is kind of slow right now. The people here progress in waves. Sometimes they progress tons, and other times, not at all. Sometimes it is awesome and sometimes it is frustrating. We have been doing a lot of edifying? Correcting? I don't know what it would be in english. But we have been a little bit more frank with people lately because honestly, that is what they need. But we do it with love. Because we really want the best for these people, and sometimes we have to be frank.

Yeah!! Let me know how the bishopric is!  Haha I don't have much else to say right now.
Oh! How can I wash a tie? I have a tie that has the worst luck. haha And it is not a dry clean only tie.
And elder Haight was my great-great uncle? Or just great uncle? I saw a picture of him and was trying to remember.
I love this area right now. We have a lot of people that are amazing to us. We visited our recent converts Blanca and Karen this week, and when we told them that one of us would be leaving, they started to cry. And then when we pulled out our gifts for them (A bible, the movie finding faith in Christ, a picture BOM for the little ones, and a photo of the baptism) they started to cry even more. I almost cried. It was super touching. I love the people here so much and the experiences that I have had here have been amazing. I love this gospel so much. There are so many times when I just feel so blessed. And it is hard because we can't do anything but handshakes with the women, but we just want to be able to hug them. I care about these people so much. Honestly, there are a few families that I actually feel a part of. I feel like part of their family. And they themselves say they have 2 more sons than they actually do, for us.
Think about your families and how much you love them and what you would do for them. Then think of our Heavenly Father, whose love for us is perfect. There is nothing that can replace His love and His spirit in our lives. Always remember who you are. Each and every one of you and us has an identity and a purpose special and unique. Heavenly Father wants the best for you. I know that with all of my heart. Thank you to everyone. I love you all.
2 Nephi 1:15
Love,
Elder Dallin Parker

No comments:

Post a Comment