Tuesday, October 7, 2014

September 29, 2014 - On the Mend...

I am healthy now! Just a little bit of runny nose and cough left, but it is going away! And the language is going well. I can talk and everything. I don´t understand everything, but just about. And I can say what I am thinking now. Haha training has helped me tons with my language, because I have been talking much more, but little by little, my companion is talking more and is doing more and really improving, which makes me happy :) It makes me feel like I am actually doing something. haha

It has been a good week. We were able to do a lot. The only problem is that we have not been able to find some of our investigators and menos activos. So that is going to be our focus this week so that we can get them going again and keep them going. 

We did have a cool experience this week. We went to visit a member family that has like a day care/ preschool kind of thing, and while we were there, there was a mom there that is  a friend of this family that has a daughter in the school. We went to just teach them something from preach my gospel, but she was there so we just started and taught lesson 1. We invited her to be baptised but she wasnt´ sure about that. But what she did say is that she had been having a lot of doubts or inqueitudes about many things that her church taught. And she had been praying for help. Then just apparently by chance (Although I know it was not by chance) we decided to go visit this family on this one night when she just happened to be there. She usually just picks up her daughter and goes, but that night, she stayed! So that was a way good moment for us this week! 

Today for P-day we went to the middle of the world. Not to the big statue, but to a musem, museo del sol that is right next to the monument. But it was way cool because we learned about the indiginous people that live in the amazon. They still live exactly how they did, naked, with no technology, still fighting between tribes and everything. It was way cool. And we learned how they make the shrunken heads from the heads of real people. And took fotos and did some cool things there. We didn´t go to the monument because there is nothing to do there. Only take fotos and it costs to get in, and we are all broke. But money comes tomorrow! :) 

I started reading the Bible this week and it is way cool. Way interesting. I read about the promise that God made us with the rainbows. And I am still reading the BOM too! 

I know that this is true and that this work is real. I wish the best to everyone!

I love and miss you all! Thank you for everything!!

Love,

Elder Parker

1. This is our district at one of our district meetings.
2. These are the missionaries in our ward! There are 7 of us, in 3 different sectors. 
3. This is me at the museo del sol at the mitad del mundo. That is were we went today. This is me with a little statue man. haha 
4. A bunch of totems from different parts of the world at the museo.
5. Our district on the middle of the world! ;)
6. Me with a statue of an indiginous man. 
7. I am focusing very hard to try to balance an egg on the head of a nail.
8. ¡Hecho!
9. Our district again with a flag of ecuador. 
10. Me with a mexican totem with a flag of ecuador.
11. That is the big monument of the middle of the world. 












No comments:

Post a Comment