Tuesday, October 7, 2014

September 15, 2014 - It´s a boy!

Haha I have a son!! His name is Elder Larsen and he is from Meridian, Idaho! This group of missionaries was huge, like their stature. Like there is one that is 6 foot 5 and another that is 6 foot 10. haha and most of them were like my size and a little smaller. That is it. haha and there were 19 gringos and 1 latino. His spanish is still like he is just out of the CCM, and he is. So that makes sense! It´s just different from having a companionship where we were sharing the lesson. It is hard. But I know that this is a calling from God. But really he is a good companion and will learn quickly. He is a little bit quiet, but I think he is still just adjusting to everything.

And I am sick again. I just have a little cold. Like my throat hurts and my nose is runny and stuffy. That makes it hard when I am talking a loto more, but it will go soon. So there is that. but other than that I am good. It has been getting colder and been raining more. Like yesterday and today we woke up to rain. Not hard, but we would get wet, easy. And we are almost in winter now here. so that is why. And yes the evenings are cooler now. 

My speaker will handle it however. It doesn´t matter. If it is in folders it plays folder by folder. However is fine. 

When I write, I am just in a cyber. I don´t know if you want a different answer. haha My clothes and shoes and everything are still doing fine, no problem. And there are a lot of different types of bread here, that is for sure, and they are almost all good! 

This week has been a little slow because we had a lot of stuff to do with changes and everything like that. And I have just had a lot of meetings this week. But we have 2 new investigators with baptismal dates! Daniela and Anabel. Daniela is the mom adn just needs help reading and attending the church. Anabel is doing really well. We are still working with the family that we have, it is just hard to get them all together in order to teach them. But with time, they will progress! 

Something that I thought of this week and shared with my companion is the example of the sons of Helaman.  When we have hard times (especially as missionaries or when we have to leave our families, always we can think of the Sons of Helaman. They left their families just like we have. But they were not sure if they were going to come back. In fact, I bet they were thinking they wouldn´t return. But they had faith in the things that their parents had taught them, especially their mothers. And this verse in Alma chapter 56:47 really stands out to me. 

Now they never had fought, yet they did not fear death; and they did think more upon the liberty of their fathers than they did upon their lives; yea, they had been taught by their mothers, that if they did not doubt, God would deliver them.

What faith. This is just such an example to me and I hope that one day my faith can be like theirs.  

I love you all and am so grateful for your examples! 

Love, 

Elder Parker

1. With the family that feeds us on sundays and does our laundry. 
2. with my companion on my left, and my grandpa of the mission on my right. 





No comments:

Post a Comment