Tuesday, October 7, 2014

August 11, 2014 - The week!

The first thing, I ate a chicken foot this week! Haha I turned to my comp and asked him: how do we eat this? And he just said I have no idea... But we were eating on the stairs outside of their house becuase there was not another man there, so it was just us two, and we were able to experiment with different methods. It was... not bad. Kind of hard. yeah haha It really was difficult to eat. haha You have to like suck the skin and meat off the bones, and it is tricky! Tastes like chicken hah! No not really. I don't know what it tasted like. And I am still not sure if I am supposed to eat the tendons and everything.. there are some things that I am not sure how to eat.. haha I have not had chicken heads yet, but I saw at a members house yesterday little things that looked like gineau pigs or gophers, and they eat that. One of the other elders told me that it is really good! So we'll see! haha
There was an earthquake this week. It was not super strong where we were, but we felt it shaking. It is kind of rare to have earthquakes here, especially here in the mountains, but it is kind of sketchy, because there are tons of volcanoes. And if one goes off, it is very probable that they all will. And if there is a strong earthquake, we are doomed here. hhaa all of the houses are cinderblock. I am not worried about that, and you all shouldn't be either, but we are in the ultimate days. Who knows! But really, no need to worry. And it has been 6 years since an actual erruption that caused problems

This week was good! We now have 4 investigators with baptism dates, 3 for this month. And they are ready. It is exciting to work with people when you can see the change in their lives :) Like one of them was recently separated from her husband and that was really hard for her. But then we started visiting her and teaching her. And she has said that she feels a lot more peaceful now. And another family that is her friend that are less active that we are working with have told us that she is a lot happier now since she has recieved the gospel :) Moments like those are awesome. There is not a feeling like it. 

I have to go now, but I love you all and thank you for everything!

Leave your nets and feed His sheep.

Elder Parker

No comments:

Post a Comment