Sunday, December 6, 2015

November 2, 2015 - Changes...

Well, my companion is heading home tomorrow morning and I am about to recieve my new companion, Elder Pinto from Honduras! I have met him before and am super excited to start working with him. 

This week we ate worms. But not just any worm, we ate mayones. Big fat juicy worms. And what an experience it was. They were taken live, skewered and then basically barbecued. There is just something about big fat juicy worms that is not that appealing. There is a pic of the worms before we ate them, but the video is too big to send home. But it was an experience that I will not soon forget. 

We were also able to go and see an newborn baby of a sister in the branch. It was a very interesting visit for me, because it made me think of life, progress, and our nature as children of our Heavenly Father. It was weird to think that I was once as that little guy too, about 20 years ago.. Wow..  Our time on Earth is so special and valuable. 

We have been having continual success as a zone and as a branch. In our sector we are still looking for more people to teach. There are a few investigators that we have but we have had to shift the focus just a little bit to strengthen some members of the branch that are starting to weaken. But we have been able to have some amazing spiritual experiences with some members here. 
My testimony has grown of the power that family prayer and scripture study have. To all families, please make that a priority every day. Even 5 minutes can make all the difference. The Lord promises blessings in 3 Nefi 18:18-21, and I know that those blessings are true. The family is one of the most precious things that we can have in this life and we must protect it. I have seen the difference this small practice can have in our families, and I know that if we do it, we will blessed and strengthened to be able to live with our families forever. 

Thank you all for your wonderful examples. I love you all. 

Elder Parker


1. The new baby Moroni.
2. The mayones... 
3. We went looking around in Coca (another city) and found some cool things.. haha
4. The tire of the bus blew out while we were going from Coca back to Lago Agrio.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment