Wednesday, July 23, 2014

June 23, 2014 - ECUADOR!!

Its crazy here, but I love it. I don't have a lot of time, but I will have more next week.  I am in ofelia, which is north quito. The food is normal, and things are pretty good. The members are awesome!

Things are going well, but it is very hard to understand and speak the language. It is an incredible test of faith! But I love it here. It is so cool. My first companion is honduran and speaks very little english. So we talk in all spanish, which at times is difficult. But the people are patient and it is getting better.

How was your week with girls camp and everything? How was High Adventure? Tell me everything. The people hear keep up pretty updated on the world cup haha. 

Thought, Always remember 1 nefi 3:7!! So important and wonderful to remember! I love it and have relied a lot on it this week.  

One other thing. When you pray for me, please pray for the gift of tongues. I would not normally ask for something like that, but we were told in the CCM that if we asked family and friends to pray for that too, that we would be more blessed with it. 

Elder Dallin R Parker
Mision Ecuador Quito Norte
Calle Robles E4-151 y Av. Amazonas
Casilla: 17- 03- 078
Quito, Pichincha
Ecuador

This is my address, but don't send packages more than 4 pounds, and I have not gotten the first one. But hopefully soon! And you can send letters, but I don't know how fast it will be. And don't send anything you want to lose. It is not guaranteed that it will get here. 

Everything is well here. No need to worry, but pray always for the work. It is amazing and is 100% true. I testify of that. 

Always remember, leave your nets and feed His sheep!

I love you all!

Elder Parker

Here is my companion! Right next to me. I left my camera batttery in the mission home, so I will send more next week!
____________________________________________________________________________


(The letter below is from Elder Parker's Mission President, President Brian and Sister Susan Richardson)

Elder Parker has arrived!

June 23, 2014

Dear Parker family,

We wanted to let you know that we are delighted to have met and spent three days last week with Elder Parker.  He is enthusiastic and appears to be excited to be here and will undoubtedly be a great addition to our mission.

We assure you that we will do everything possible to help him have a positive experience here in the newly formed Ecuador Quito North Mission.  This is a wonderful mission which experiences a high number of baptisms, and success in reactivation. Our boundaries include coast, jungle, a native Indian area, as well as the highly populated city of Quito so our missionaries have a wide range of experiences.

The theme of our mission is translated “The Center of the World; Centered on Christ,” and we have a wonderful group of 8 missionaries that arrived with him.  He will be serving in Ofelia, a sector outside of Quito, with Elder Herrerra, a very obedient, humble and kind elder from Honduras

We know you’re already planning on it, but we want to remind you to write your son a weekly letter.  His preparation day will be on Mondays.

Sincerely,

President Brian and Hermana Susan Richardson
Misión Ecuador, Quito Norte










No comments:

Post a Comment