Tuesday, July 22, 2014

June 11, 2014 - Happy Mother's/Father's Day

Dear Family,

First of all, Happy Mother's day Mom!! Because I totally forgot to say it for the past month, but better late than never. Sorry. And Happy Father's day dad! Before I forget about that too jaja.
Uhh, what has happened. One of the elders broke his toe playing volleyball. It rained like crazy last night and all the streets were flooded and while we were in devotional, the auditorium started to flood too, and I will send pics of that. And we live in a culdesac at the bottom of campus, so it was all filled up! It was so cool! Can't wait to get that cada día in ecuador!   One of the Hermanas in our zone is the niece of Boyd and Josie Moffett. That was cool. Uhh, I got a haircut earlier today, and now there is gel in my hair, and it looks kind of good, so I bought some for like 8 pesos, which is 60 cents, and I might use gel, but probably only while it is really short. 

We play with latinos that are missionaries. No one from the outside really comes in. The CCM is in like the slums or the favelas basically of mexico city. So we hear guns and sirens a lot, but the CCM is way safe. our teachers said that the only place that is safer is the president's palace. So you don't need to worry! 
No choices at meal time, but there is always beans and rice, and fruit, and every breakfast and dinner there is nutella and bread! And I always have fruit. We drink lots of juice. I don't really avoid anything, some stuff is just better than others. The eggs they serve are way good and Mexicans know how to do mashed potatoes. So good. 

What I want everyone to do is go read 1 Nephi 17:12 and tell me how that verse relates to missionary work. We did that in class this week. You just have to think outside the box ;) Then next week I will tell you what I think.

Also, I will be emailing again on probably Monday before I leave Monday night, so probably in the day like sometime between 12-2. Not totally sure yet though. 

The thought that really struck me this week was Jacob 2:35. That chapter talks about the wickedness of the people and how Jacob was calling them out. Then that verse says "Ye have broken the hearts of your tender wives, and lost the confidence of your children, because of your bad examples before them; and the sobbings of their hearts ascend up to God against you."     
Whoa.  That was strong to me. It just made me think about the kind of example that I want to be, and how I treat my wife, and my kids. And even though I don't have kids yet, I bet that they are looking down on me from heaven, and even now they are watching me and looking at the example that I am setting. And it motivates me too to be the best I can be for my future wife even though I don't know who that will be, and always be worthy and a good example for her, even now. I want you, Chris, West, and Leland, and even Dad, (Even though he is already a pro at this) to always be a good example and always be worthy no matter what. And this can apply to sisters as well. Always be the best you that you can be, then God will make you better.

I love you all!

love, 

Elder Parker

Pictures of the city at night, my district, and our cul-de-sac filled with water. (Coming Soon)

one is the city at night, the other is a district selfie ;) 



This is our culdesac filled with water, then some pics of our district. The dressed up one is right before my haircut, and the other right after!



No comments:

Post a Comment