Sunday, June 8, 2014

May 28, 2014 - Week 1 in Mexico

It has been a TON of fun here in the CCM. Mexico is beautiful, although it does smell kind of bad at times. Like a toilet. Especially right after it rains, which is basically every day! I love the rain, and it feels amazing, but then it smells for like 10-20 minutes, and then it smells like fresh rain, which is good!

Uhh, our district is amazing!! They are all so funny, and we have so much fun, but we work hard too ;) There are six of us elders, and 4 hermanas. Our teachers are also soooo cool! They are all mexican, and are way funny. All of the workers here at the ccm are also super cool. They all say hi to you as you are walking by. 

Really, my testimony here has grown so much. I have felt the spirit so often in everything, but especially during devotionals, and then during district testimony meetings every sunday and tuesday night! I have felt the spirit everywhere. It is amazing. I would not trade this for anything right now. This is where I need to be right now. 

We saw a devotional by Jeffrey R. Holland this week, and he told the expierience when He asked Peter 3 times if he loved him, and then the last time, when Peter answered, I DO love you. "Then feed my sheep" So peter left his nets and fed his sheep. and that is when he became the great apostle peter. Look the mtc devotional up. But what I learned is that we all have our own nets that we have to leave. There are plenty of fishing boats that would be awesome to be on right now, for me. But the Lord has asked me to leave my nets and feed His sheep, which is exactly what I need to be doing right now. 

It amazing how fast the language is coming. The Lord truly blesses missionaries! I should not know this much in 3 weeks. I just remember vocab words no problem. The one hard part is sentence structure, but that is coming.

Thank you all so much for your love, prayers and support! 

Leave your nets and feed His sheep!

Love,
Elder Parker



Room at CCM (MTC) in Mexico City 


Room at CCM (MTC) in Mexico City  


Dallin's bathroom at CCM (MTC) in Mexico City  


View of Mexico City from CCM

#Swagginwagon (missionaries in District 11-C)

#Swagginwagon (missionaries in District 11-C)

 Missionaries in District 11-C (in front of Mexico City Temple)






No comments:

Post a Comment