Thursday, May 26, 2016

February 22, 2016 - Choked by an Apostle...

It was a great week, as you might have guessed from the subject of this email! We recieved the visit of Elder Jeffrey R. Holland to our mission, and I got to meet him in a very special way, haha. We started the meeting with a photo and a hand shake. Then we were priviliged to have talks from a member of the area presidency, an area seventy, our mission president and his wife, and then from Elder Holland. He started up on the stand and then he came down on the floor to talk more to us and to teach us. 

I was sitting in the front row in the middle on the left end. He had just finished talking about missionaries and how he feels about disobedient missionaries, or those who go inactive after the mission. He walks down onto the floor, and he walks by me, puts his hand on my shoulder, and then chokes me and gets real close in my face, and shakes a little bit. Haha it was great. Then he lets me go and says, that is what happens to those missionaries I just mentioned. 

We learned a lot from him. The thing I liked the most was how much of an influence his mission has had in his life. He knew exactly how long he had been home, down to the day. 

I have to go now, but thank you all for your support! I love you all!

Elder Parker


No comments:

Post a Comment